Ravioli Lasagna Bake
Lasagna is as delicious as it is traditional. This clever twist on the Italian classic will amaze you at its simplicity. You don’t have noodles to pre-cook and to be totally honest the hardest part of ravioli lasagna bake is the browning of the meat which you can skip all together for a vegetarian-style treat.Jump to Recipe
No-Fuss Lasagna Hack
Let’s start with the meat (I have made this on the fly without any meat at all and it was still amazing.) Here I use ground beef or hamburger, but you can also vary this a bit with the use of ground sausage. It adds authentic flares using Italian blends.
Ground turkey or chicken is great in this recipe. You can still use the spaghetti or red sauce with it but I would suggest a Bechamel (white sauce) with poultry. You can find how I make mine here.
Try altering the seasoning blends to your family’s tastes. Instead of Italian seasoning, how about taco seasoning? Blending Picante sauce in with the spaghetti sauce will add some kick, as well. Throwing around a little Mexican flavor will have your family asking for seconds!
Working Your Magic
Lasagna of any kind is incredibly easy mainly for the fact that it is worked in layers. Once the foundation is laid, in this case the first layer of ravioli on the bed of pasta sauce, the rest is a process of rinse, lather, repeat with your ingredients.
However you alter the meats and cheeses to your family’s tastes (or what’s handy in the fridge), you can layer these ingredients in any order you wish and it will still come out amazing.
The use of frozen ravioli in this ravioli lasagna bake makes this dish super easy. You don’t have to thaw the ravioli ahead of time!
Ravioli Lasagna Bake
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 24 oz jar spaghetti sauce
- 2 lb bag frozen ravioli
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 32 oz Ricotta cheese
- 2 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 cup black olives sliced
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced
- parmesan cheese
- baby spinich
- Preheat oven to 400°F and spray a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a skillet, brown your ground beef with the chopped onion.
- Spread a layer of sauce along the bottom of your baking dish.
- Mix the remainder of your sauce in with the meat and onion mixture.
- Lay the frozen ravioli on top of the sauce.
- Spread your Ricotta cheese carefully over the ravioli and top that with shredded cheese.
- Top the cheeses with a portion of the meat sauce and sprinkle any of the optional ingredients on top of that.
- Put down another layer of the ravioli and repeat the process until it reaches the top of the baking dish.
- Top with more shredded mozzarella cheese, italian seasoning and any of the optional ingredients you have left.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes covered and another 10 uncovered for browning.