Personal Pan Pizzas
Biscuit personal pan pizzas are a great way to make sure everyone gets what they want. Whether you crave pepperoni, cheese, Hawaiian, broccoli, mushroom, or flat out deluxe (my favorite), it can be tailor fit for the family. My daughter, Terri, made these the other night and it was oh my gravy good!
Almost Too Simple
Many of you have requested simple meals that are low cost and alterable for the family’s tastes. I think this recipe fits the bill. You can easily make these with the 3 basic ingredients and then add a variety of alternate ingredients of you choice.
First, let’s roll out the dough. This is simply a raw biscuit that either you can make yourself using my recipe here, or in Terri’s example, Grand’s flaky butter biscuits as shown here. Roll them out thin and arrange on a baking sheet sprayed with cooking oil.
Take a spoonful of tomato sauce and spread it over the top until it almost reaches the edges. If you wish, sprinkle some Italian seasoning or Pizza seasoning over the sauce. Next, add a thin layer of cheese as shown. This is the basic recipe. If you enjoy just a great cheese pizza, this one is for you. Experiment with different cheeses for a kick. I plan on using pepperjack on our next try.
This is where it gets fun. We get to add our extra toppings. Remember that hot cheese likes to slide things around a bit so after each topping sprinkle with a little cheese. It will hold the layers together.
You can add just about anything to a pizza. Here, Terri made two pepperoni pizzas for her toddler. She topped the pepperoni with cheese. It’s a must.
She made her and her hubby each three pizzas. Hers was topped with pepperoni, mushrooms and black olives while his had the same with the addition of jalapenos.
She topped it all with a heavier layer of cheese to seal the deal.
Bake these for 12-15 minutes in a preheated 375 degree oven. Don’t these personal pan pizzas look oh my gravy good?
Personal Pan Pizzas
- 1 dozen biscuits raw
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- black olives
- onion chopped
- Italian or Pizza seasoning blend
- Canadian bacon
- taco meat
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and lightly spray a baking sheet with cooking oil.
- Take a raw biscuit and lightly dust with flour so it doesn't stick. Roll it out thin.
- Lay the flattened biscuits onto the cookie sheet and lightly spread on tomato sauce until it almost reaches the edges. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Add any additional toppings you wish but remember to add a light layer of cheese between *major layers.
- Top with a slightly heavier layer of cheese to seal in the toppings.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes in the preheated oven. Let them set a minute or two to let the cheese settle. Enjoy!