Peanut Butter Cookies
Peanut butter cookies are a classic treat and are oh so easy to make! These cookies are soft and moist with a slight crisp on the outside.
It’s funny how so many childhood memories are around baking or eating cookies. I enjoyed making these with my daughter. My granddaughter, Olivia, could eat peanut butter with every meal. You should have seen her eyes when she tasted the peanut butter in the cookies!
Working Your Peanut Butter Magic!
Let’s begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. I believe that is about 175-176 Celsius. Use an ungreased baking sheet. I prefer to line mine with parchment paper so I can easily slide the cookies off the cookie sheet and reline for the next batch.
Cream together both of the sugars with the butter and peanut butter. You can add any optional ingredients at this point.
Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat until creamy.
Gradually add in the flour, scraping down the sides as needed.
Roll the dough into roughly a golf-ball size and roll in sugar. I have noticed that between the oils from the peanut butter and the dusting of sugar, it makes the rolling of the dough easier on the hands.
Place about and inch and a half to 2 inches apart. They won’t spread during baking but you need space for flattening the cookies.
TIP: Add cinnamon to the sugar you roll the dough balls in. It will give it that ooooh factor!
Now is the time to add that classic artistic touch! Take a fork and press the dough down in a crisscross pattern.
Place your cookie sheet in your preheated oven and bake for about 8-10 minutes. Judge this by your own oven. They all seem to bake differently. Whether it’s done in 8 or even 12 minutes, the results are still Oh My Gravy Good!
Peanut Butter Cookies
- 2 ½ cups All-Purpose flour
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup butter or margarine softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 package peanut butter chips
- 1 cup pecans chopped
- Preheat your oven to 350°F, and line your cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Cream together sugars, butter, and peanut butter.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and beat well.
- Blend in baking soda, baking powder, and vanilla.
- Gradually stir in your flour.
- Roll the dough into golf-ball size balls and roll in sugar.
- Place balls on your lined cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Flatten your cookies with a fork in a crisscross pattern.
- Place in oven and bake for 8-10 minutes. Enjoy!